Stir-fried spinach with mushrooms
I forgot all about how nice spinach taste, till my friend cooked it at a casual house party last week. It was all traditional and yummy. Rich in iron too ;p So i can’t wait but to try it out at home as soon as i can. The all traditional stir-fried garlic spinach with flower mushrooms. It’s really simple to prepare (that’s another reason to be on my home menu). Plus, spinach is easily available in any supermarkets here.
Ingredients (Serves 1-2 pax)
1 packet of spinach
5x flower mushrooms
1x teaspoon of pre-chopped garlic
1x teaspoon of pre-chopped onion
Light soya sauce
1. Clean and dry the spinach; cut off the root end of the stems, leaving random stems and leaves cut into 2 or 3 inches.
2. Clean and remove stalks of the mushrooms and cut them into slices.
3. Pre-mix sauce (1 teaspoon of light soy-sauce, 2 teaspoon of oyster sauce, a dash of sesame oil and water)
1. Heat up the wok. Add in 1-2 tablespoon of cooking oil. Wait till oil is heated up. Add in chopped shallots and garlic, stir-fry till golden brown.
2. Add in mushrooms, pour in some water and stir-fry for a few mintues.
3. Add in spinach, pour in pre-mix sauce and stir-fry for a few mintues. Add some water where necessary.
4. Ready to be served.