Stir fried cabbage with dried shrimps
Vegetables often make up a healthy balanced meal. Almost all the restaurants that i’ve been would have at least one or two vegetable dishes available for the day. Even KFC have the option for coleslaw to go with your meal.
As always, i’ll try to include at least one vegetable dish for dinner. Lunch is usually light or simpler for me. This round, i’m trying out stir-fried cabbage with dried shrimps. This is popular Chinese dish that has been served for ages, popular among the young and old. The shrimps sold at (Tamu Kianggeh) Bandar Market is known to be very fresh. But unfortunately, i haven’t had the time to get the shrimps from there yet. So here’s a quick and easy recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 1-2 pax)
2x tablespoon of mince meat
1x tablespoon of dried shrimps
1x teaspoon of pre-chopped garlic
Light soya sauce
1. Rinse all ingredients thoroughly.
2. Cut the cabbage into strips.
3. Remove all stalks. Cut the mushroom into slices.
4. Dried shrimps – Rinse and steep in water for 3 mins. Chopped it up into smaller bits.
1. Heat up the wok. Add in 1-2 tablespoon of cooking oil. Wait till oil is heated up. Add in garlic stir-fry till golden brown. Add in dried shrimps, stir fry briskly for 30 seconds.
2. Add in mince meat. Stir-fry till meat is cooked.
3. Add in cabbage and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 1 min. Add in a premix of 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon oyster sauce with 10-15 ml of water. Briskly stir-fry for 1-2 seconds. Cover wok with lid and leave for 1-2 mins. You may leave it longer if you prefer the cabbage to be softer, it’s up to your own discretion.
4. Stir-fry for another 30 seconds. Ready to be served.
Note: You may increase the amount of seasoning (soy sauce, oyster sauce or salt) should you like this dish without the dried shrimps. As dried shrimps are naturally salty.